Sunscreen made by women of color for people of color, because we get sunburned too.
We have created a sunscreen for every day use, filled with natural ingredients, that will protect your skin from the sun and doubles as a moisturizing lotion.
Black Girl Sunscreen dries completely clear so it’s perfect to use before any outdoor activity or even under your favorite makeup products.
We Care About Your Skin, Black Girl Sunscreen is Infused with Natural Ingredients
Being Oxybenzone and Octinoxate free means you won’t have to worry about toxins disrupting your hormones, and your sunscreen being environmentally friendly.
Apply liberally: 15 minutes before sun exposure reapply: after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating immediately after towel drying , at least every 2 hours Sun Protection Measures. Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures, including: Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Children under 6 months: Consult a physician.
- Avocado moisturizes, reduces signs of aging, and treats sunburns. Containing vitamin E and antioxidants is what makes avocado one of the hottest trends in the natural skin care industry. Not only using avocado oil, but eating avocado on a weekly basis can be very beneficial and necessary for your skin.
- Jojoba soothes and moisturizes the skin leaving it flawless while preventing acne. Hydrating your skin is crucial to skin health and prevents wrinkles and fine lines.
- Cacao provides powerful anti-oxidants and evens out the complexion of your skin for a smooth, consistent skin tone.
- Carrot Juice contains vitamin C which enables it to promote healing and even boost the level of melanin in the skin. Carrot juice has been known to even out acne breakouts too.
- Sun Flower Oil prevents skin irritation from sunburn and other skin irritants. This nutrient-rich oil provides inflammation relief as well.
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone: 3%, Homosalate: 10%, Octisalate: 5%, Octocrylene: 2.75%
Inactive Ingredients: Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butylphthalimide, Carbomer, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Helianthus Anuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Isopropylphthalimide, Lecithin, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitan Oleate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water.
Natural, Vegan, Reef safe, Cruelty Free.
BHND THE BRND
Our story begins with the need for melanin women to have a sunscreen brand that caters exclusively to them.
From carrying expensive umbrellas to the beach and downright neglecting to go outside all together, our founder thought it was time to create a natural non-white residue sunscreen brand for women of color.
2016 was the year Black Girl Sunscreen was created in the ever-popular city of Miami, Florida. Beach days are always necessary but blotchy makeup and white residue are two things we were frustrated with when enjoying a sunny day.
In fact, all outside activities began to come to a halt since we knew how much sun rays would damage the skin. (even ours)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Lightweight and hydrating. Most days can skip my moisturizer as it leaves my skin feeling super soft and most important NO WHITE CAST.